The simplest dessert is one that you don’t have to bake, like our simple ricotta pear steaks. No cooking required, and they’re healthier than other sweets.
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2–3 tsp maple syrup, to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 3 ripe Bosc pears
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted and salted pistachios
- Combine ricotta, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a bowl. Taste and adjust as you like.
- Peel the pears with a vegetable peeler or a thin paring knife, leaving the top stem in place for decoration. Using a paring knife or melon baller, scoop out the bottom core of the pear.
- Slice the bottom of the pears to make a flat and stable surface, so they will stand straight, and then slice the pears horizontally into thick pieces about 1 inch wide, carefully picking out any seeds when you see them.
- Spoon 4-5 teaspoons of ricotta filling between each layer and stand pears up individually, on three separate plates.
- To garnish, sprinkle extra cinnamon and pistachios over the top of each. Serve immediately.
- Category: Fall
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: fall, autumn, pear, cinammon, ricotta