Sweet potatoes are much more than just a side dish. Enjoy these soft and moist sweet potato blondies with a maple syrup glaze.
For the Blondies:
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
For the Glaze:
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and coat with a thin layer of cooking oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and sweet potato puree.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine. The batter will be thick. Spread it into the prepared pan, using the back of a spoon to even out the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, and let cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan and allowing to cool completely.
- Whisk together the maple syrup and powdered sugar until you get a thick glaze. Spread over the top of the brownies, and let sit until slightly hardened, about 20 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Category: Blondies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: sweet potato, blondies, dessert