Looking for a quick dessert that you can make on the stovetop? Try our creamy coconut rice pudding with vanilla and fresh sweet mango.
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice (like jasmine or basmati)
- 2 cups full-fat canned coconut milk (from 2 cans)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled and diced mango, divided
- 3/4 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, for garnish
- In a medium saucepot over medium-high heat, combine the coconut milk, sugar, and salt. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture just to a gentle boil and then immediately stir in the cooked rice, breaking up any clumps with a spoon.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice soaks up the liquid and takes on a thick pudding-like consistency, about 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla extract. Gently fold in 1/2 cup diced mango. Serve warm, topped with the remaining diced mango and toasted coconut flakes. Or cool to room temperature and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving in a bowl with a lid. Leftovers may be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Pudding
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: coconut milk, rice, pudding, mango