Fudgy, decadent, and vegan, this chocolate date frosting is naturally sweetened and spreads beautifully on top of a homemade cake.
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 6–7 large)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place dates and hot water in a high-speed blender or food processor, and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Once dates have softened, blend on high or pulse until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, almond butter, and salt. Blend or pulse until well combined.
- Pour frosting into a bowl or resealable container. Use immediately, or store for 5-7 days max.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Cook, Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: frosting, fudge frosting, dates, vegan dessert, chocolate