Looking for a lemony landing zone for all things seafood? This tangy tartar sauce with fragrant dill and tart pickles is a no-brainer.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (homemade or good-quality store bought)
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickles + 1 tablespoon pickle juice (or 4 tablespoons pickle relish)
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the mayonnaise, pickles and pickle juice (or relish), capers, shallots, lemon juice, Worcestershire, dill, salt, and pepper. Pulse until the pickles and shallots are finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Leftovers may be stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dips and Spreads
- Method: No-Cook, Food Processor
- Cuisine: Condiment
Keywords: tartar sauce, mayonnaise, pickle, dill