This Cajun salmon is a quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for adding to your weeknight dinner rotation. It’s flaky, juicy, and full of flavor.
For the Seasoning Blend:
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
For the Fish:
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12-16 oz skin-on wild salmon fillet, cut in half
- In a small bowl, stir together spices for the Cajun seasoning blend until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm butter and olive oil together. Heat until the pan is hot, but not smoking, and butter is melted.
- While the oil and butter are heating up, rub the Cajun seasoning blend evenly on the flesh side of the fillets.
- Place fillets skin side down in the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until you can see the outer pink of the salmon begin to turn white at the bottom and creep up about halfway through the fillets. The skin should be brown and crispy at this point.
- Flip the fillets and cook on the other side for about 2 minutes. Salmon is done when cooked through and flaky. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Main Course
Keywords: seafood, salmon, fish, Cajun