Bright lime zest and honey cut through the smokiness of chipotles in this easy oven-roasted salmon dinner that comes together in a snap.
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo, plus 1 teaspoon sauce from the can
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 6-ounce skin-on salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Zest and juice one lime and slice the other into wedges. Set aside.
- In a small food processor or high-speed blender, add the olive oil, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, honey, lime juice, and lime zest. Pulse until the pepper is broken down and then blend the sauce until smooth. Set aside.
- Pat the salmon dry and season both sides with salt. Place the fillets skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon about half of the chipotle-lime sauce onto the fish, spreading it to coat the tops of each fillet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the flesh easily flakes with a fork. Remove from oven.
- Stir 1 tablespoon cilantro into the remaining sauce. Using a clean basting brush, brush the top of the fillets.
- Divide the salmon among plates and garnish with the remaining cilantro. Serve immediately with the lime wedges.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Fish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: chipotle, lime, adobo, salmon