Buttery avocado halves act as the vehicle for this citrusy crab and mango salad with shallots, sweet bell peppers, and spicy jalapenos.
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 red bell pepper, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 large shallot, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 medium jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and diced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 6 large, ripe Hass avocados
- Zest the lime, juice half of the lime, and add the zest and juice to a medium mixing bowl.. Reserve the other half of the lime to squeeze over the sliced avocado. Add 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and the basil to the bowl and stir with a whisk to combine. Add the oil gradually in a thin stream, whisking while you pour, to emulsify the dressing.
- Add the mango, bell pepper, shallot, jalapeno, salt, and black pepper to the bowl, and toss to coat in the dressing. Gently fold in the crab meat and season to taste with additional salt if necessary. Set aside.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits. Squeeze and rub the remaining lime half over the sliced avocados to keep them from oxidizing.
- Evenly scoop the crab-mango salad into the avocado halves, arrange on a platter, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Crab
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: crab, mango, avocado, pepper, shallot, jalapeno