Hold onto your crusty baguettes. You’ll need them to soak up every last drop of these lemony shrimp swimming in buttery garlic sauce.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (3/4 cup)
- 6 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Zest of 1 large lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about 3 tablespoons), plus lemon wedges for garnish
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peel and deveined, with the tails on (preferably 31/35 count)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup rough chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir until very fragrant, about 30-45 seconds. While stirring, slowly pour in the white wine and lemon juice. Add the lemon zest, and stir to combine. Cook for 1 additional minute.
- Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in a roasting pan or baking dish with raised sides and then pour the butter mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until opaque and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the parsley. Serve hot, with the additional lemon wedges and crusty bread for dipping.
- Category: Shrimp
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: shrimp, garlic, lemon, white wine