Parmesan-crusted tilapia is a simple recipe that’s ready in just 20 minutes. Once you try it, you’ll see why it’s guaranteed to become a go-to.
- 1 slice white sandwich bread (or sub gluten free)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (3/4 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 boneless, skinless tilapia fillets (about 24 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or olive oil)
- Place the bread in a food processor and pulse until finely crumbled. You should have about 1/2 cup total breadcrumbs.
- Place breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper on a plate or dish with raised edges. Stir to combine.
- Place eggs in a large bowl and beat lightly but thoroughly.
- Working one at a time, dip tilapia fillets into the eggs, then place on the plate with the breadcrumbs. Turn to coat fish on both sides. Set aside on a clean plate.
- Repeat step 4 until all fillets are coated with breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter (or heat oil) in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add tilapia to the pan.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Real Family Food, written by Amanda Haas.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: Parmesan, tilapia