Zucchini, peppers, and carrots bring a crunch to this buttery shrimp skillet while the spark of heat is credited to a Cajun spice blend.
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion (about 1/2 small)
- 1/4 cup diced celery (about 1/2 stalk)
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper (about 1/2 medium)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup julienned carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini (about 1/2 medium)
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans, sliced into 1-inch pieces (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup beer (such as a light, crisp pale lager or wheat ale)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon of salt with the black pepper, oregano, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and cayenne to make your Cajun seasoning blend.
- Place the shrimp in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning, and toss until well-coated in the spices.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add the shrimp to the pan in a single layer and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp and cook until opaque, about 2 more minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Melt the remaining butter and swirl to coat the pan. Add the onion, celery, and green bell pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent and the vegetables have begun to soften, stirring occasionally, for about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the carrots, red bell pepper, zucchini, and green beans. Saute, tossing the veggies around in the pan as they cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season with the remaining salt. Set the cooked vegetables aside with the shrimp.
- Deglaze the pan with the beer, stock, and Worcestershire, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer. Cook until the liquid is reduced by about half. Return the shrimp and vegetables to the pan and toss to coat in the sauce, stirring occasionally for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with rice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Shrimp
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: skillet, Cajun, shrimp, seafood, zucchini