Gluten-free desserts don’t have to be dry and tasteless. With our almond cake, you can enjoy a super moist crumb and a subtly sweet flavor. Read more now.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the paper and sides with cooking oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar at high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, combining after each addition at medium speed. Add the milk and vanilla, mixing at medium speed until completely combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing at medium speed until completely combined. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula, and briefly mix again. The batter will be thick.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan, spreading the top evenly with a spatula. Evenly scatter the sliced almonds on the top of the batter, if you choose to use them.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes before gently removing from the springform pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, transfer to a serving platter and dust with powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: gluten-free, cake, almond, almond flour, coconut flour