Your whole family is going to go crazy for these gluten-free blueberry pecan oat bars. They are full of texture, chewy, and super tasty.
- 2/3 cup gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas (the more brown spots the better)
- 1 1/2 cup packed pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with butter or oil, or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place oats, peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, ground flax, coconut flakes, cinnamon, baking powder, and bananas in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides. Add dates to the food processor and process again until smooth, about 1 more minute. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in blueberries and pecans.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan using the wooden spoon to smooth the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until top is firm to the touch.
- Place pan onto a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars, remove from pan, and let cool completely on the wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Gluten-Free
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: gluten-free, snack, breakfast, pecan, blueberry, oat, banana, date