Put a healthy spin on pizza night with this gluten-free and paleo-friendly cauliflower pizza crust. Made with just a handful of ingredients and no rising time, the hardest part will be deciding on which combination of toppings to choose.
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and cover a pizza stone or small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place riced cauliflower, onion, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly, but not paste-like. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add almond meal, eggs, salt, and pepper to cauliflower mixture and stir to combine. Mixture should be sticky, but hold together. If too dry, add water 1 teaspoon at a time. If too wet, add extra almond meal, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces. Place one on prepared baking sheet or pizza stone. Keep the second piece in the mixing bowl and store in the fridge while the first bakes.
- Gently spread pizza dough into a circle using a rubber spatula and your hands. It should be about 1 inch thick.
- Place dough in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until starting to brown around the edges.
- While crust bakes, prepare toppings of choice.
- Remove crust from oven and top with desired toppings.
- Return to oven, and cook another 10 minutes, or until bottom of crust is brown and toppings are hot.
- Remove from oven and cut into four slices. Repeat with remaining cauliflower crust.
Note: nutritional info does not include toppings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
Keywords: pizza, pizza crust, baking, gluten-free, cauliflower, low-carb