Make something healthy for dinner, like a delicious Gluten-Free Lemon and Herb Quinoa Tabbouleh. Real ingredients provide real health benefits.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 cups packed (about 2 bunches) fresh curly or flat leaf parsley, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 3 green onions (both green and white portions), thinly sliced
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons, about 1/3 cup (can substitute with raw coconut vinegar or raw apple cider vinegar)
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse quinoa in a mesh strainer, drain, and transfer to a medium pot. Combine quinoa with water or broth (1 1/2 parts water to 1 part quinoa), cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy, about 15 minutes.
- Drain any excess water and return to the cooking pot. Cover and let rest 15 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Allow quinoa to cool down to room temperature.
- Add vegetables and herbs to the bowl of cooled quinoa and gently stir to combine. Pour in olive oil and squeeze the juice of one lemon over quinoa mixture. Add lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Side Dishes
Keywords: Mediterranean, quinoa, gluten-free, tabbouleh, vegetarian