Looking for a healthy lunch option to make during your weekend meal prep? Whip up a batch of make-ahead berry quinoa salad with shrimp.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Place rinsed quinoa in a medium-sized saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Keep covered, remove from heat, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While quinoa cooks, place cooked shrimp in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss well to combine, then set aside.
- Pour cooked quinoa into a large mixing bowl. Add honey, berries, and seasoned shrimp. Toss well to combine.
- Allow to cool, then place in refrigerator to chill for 3 hours, or overnight. Serve cold, sprinkled with fresh thyme leaves if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Grain Salads
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Lunch
Keywords: quinoa, quinoa salad, grain salad, berries, summer, meal prep