Grain dishes don’t have to be boring. To prove it, make this hearty and tropical black bean mango quinoa recipe this week.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place quinoa in a fine mesh sieve and rinse well with water.
- Place 2 cups water in a medium saucepan and add rinsed quinoa and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and continue cooking for about 15 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked through and water is absorbed. Set aside for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork..
- Place olive oil, mango, black beans, lime zest, juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne into a large bowl. Add cooked quinoa and stir to combine. Add cilantro and stir again.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: vegetarian, gluten-free, quinoa, pseudograin, mango, black bean