This hearty farro grain bowl is super quick and easy to make with delicious, simple flavors and tons of healthy add-ins.
- 8 ounces quick-cook farro
- 2 vegan sausages
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- Hot sauce, optional
- Nutritional yeast or grated pecorino, optional
- Cook the farro according to package directions. Set aside.
- Slice the vegan sausages lengthwise down the middle, then into 1/4-inch half moons.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced sausages. Cook, tossing with a spatula often, until they start to turn golden-brown in color.
- Rinse and drain the garbanzo beans. Add to the pan with the sausages. Continue to cook, tossing often, until the garbanzo beans are heated through. You may need to add a bit more oil to keep them from sticking to the pan.
- Add the cumin and paprika, stirring to combine. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide the cooked farro on the bottom of three serving bowls. Top with the garbanzo bean mixture, and finish with your favorite hot sauce and yeast or cheese. Enjoy!
- Category: Grain Bowls
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: grain bowls, vegan, vegetarian, beans