Warm lentil salad with goat cheese proves that simple is often best. It’s satisfying as a side dish or a vegetarian entree.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped Marcona almonds
- 1 1/2 cups cooked French lentils
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Place olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove thyme leaves from stems. Once oil is hot, add thyme leaves and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and almonds to the pan and cook until tomatoes have softened and nuts are fragrant, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked lentils and goat cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, if desired.
- Serve immediately, garnished with extra thyme leaves.
- Category: Lentils
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: lentils, lentil salad, goat cheese, Marcona almonds, vegetarian