Simple homemade frozen treats aren’t easy to come by, but this 3-ingredient vanilla ice cream is a cinch to prepare. Try coconut milk for a dairy-free version!
- 3 1/2 cups raw goat’s, whole cow’s, or coconut milk, divided
- 4 whole vanilla beans
- 1 cup pure maple syrup (Grade A dark recommended)
- Freeze the bowl of your ice cream maker for at least 24 hours before you start the recipe, or according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Put ½ cup milk in your Vitamix or other high-speed blender.
- Cut vanilla beans in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the blender. Add the maple syrup.
- Blend on high until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the remaining milk. Blend until well-combined and frothy. Process in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to an airtight container with a lid and chill in the freezer until set, about 4 hours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: No-Cook, Freezer
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: vanilla, vanilla bean, vanilla ice cream, dairy-free