Inspired by chocolate-covered strawberries, our creamy chocolate-dipped strawberry milkshake is a playful dessert to serve on Valentine’s Day.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles, plus more for garnish
- 1 quart (4 cups) strawberry or vanilla ice cream
- 1 – 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Mix together the strawberries, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours. Stir halfway through the maceration process.
- While the strawberries are macerating, melt the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Place the sprinkles in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip the rims of two tall glasses into the chocolate. Before the chocolate sets, gently press the rims into the bowl of sprinkles so they stick to the chocolate. Set the glasses aside as you prepare the milkshakes.
- Place the strawberries and any juices they’ve released in a blender with the ice cream and 1 cup milk. Blend until smooth, about 20 to 30 seconds, using more milk if the mixture seems thick.
- Divide the milkshake between the prepared glasses. Top with whipped cream, and garnish with more sliced strawberries and sprinkles. Serve and enjoy immediately!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: milkshake, strawberry, chocolate, Valentine's Day