The ideal combination of sweet and tart in this grapefruit and honey sorbet is exactly what your taste buds need this week.
- 3 large grapefruit (about 1 pound each), room temperature
- 1 Tbsp grapefruit zest
- 2/3–3/4 cup honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Peel and segment the grapefruit, removing all pith and seeds. Blend in a food processor or high-speed blender until very smooth.
- Add grapefruit zest, honey, salt, and vanilla and process until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- After the mixture is chilled, pour it into your ice cream maker. Make the sorbet according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze until it reaches the texture you prefer.
- Scoop into bowls and top with crystallized ginger before serving.
Recipe adapted from Ripe by Cheryl Sternman Rule.
- Category: Sorbet
- Method: Freezer, No Cook
- Cuisine: Frozen Desserts
Keywords: sorbet, grapefruit, citrus, honey, ginger, candied ginger