Love sweet and tasty leftover cereal milk? You need to try our recipe for homemade ice cream that’s infused with cinnamon and honey.
- 2 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup honey
- Heat the milk, cream, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over low heat, whisking occasionally until just warmed. Increase the heat to medium, and add the salt and honey. Whisk until the mixture just comes to a boil.
- Immediately remove from the heat and chill completely. For the best results, let the mixture chill for at least 8 hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator.
- After chilling, churn the mixture in an ice cream machine, following the manufacturer’s instructions. For storage, place in an airtight container and store in your freezer.
Original recipe by Shanna Mallon, adapted from Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes.