Making a delightfully sweet and light frozen dessert is easy when you use our recipe for no-churn pomegranate ice cream with orange zest.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and pomegranate juice until fully combined and all the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream at high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- With the mixer running on low speed, slowly pour in the juice mixture. Once all of the juice has been added, continue whisking on high speed until soft peaks re-form, about another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer. With a spatula, gently fold in the orange zest until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the base to a large airtight container and freeze for at least 5 hours, or until the mixture has completely set.
- When ready to serve, let the ice cream sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before scooping into bowls and garnishing with a handful of pomegranate seeds.
Adapted from Nigella Lawson’s No-Churn Pomegranate Ice Cream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: pomegranate juice, orange, ice cream, no-churn, egg-free