An incredibly easy and delicious recipe for strawberry and goat cheese sherbet. It requires no ice cream maker and just a few minutes to make!
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 6 cups) quartered strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk*
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch salt
- Space the strawberries out evenly on a baking sheet and freeze until solid, about 2 hours minimum.
- Transfer the berries to a food processor (start with half of them if you have a smaller processor, like I do) and add the remaining ingredients. Process until smooth, intermittently adding any berries that didn’t fit.
- Once smooth, transfer to a 8×4″ baking pan and spread the ice cream out. Eat at least 5 spoonfuls right now.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let set in the freezer for about 2 hours. At this point it will scoop really nicely. If it freezes longer, set it out for about 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
I’m sure any form of dairy or soy milk would work, also.