Nothing beats heading south of the border for dinner. But tonight, consider this epic mashup: Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas. Spicy, cheesy, and oh-so-tasty.
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 3–4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb), cooked and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 green onions, tops only, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Place tomato sauce, tomato paste, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, water, chili powder, and cumin in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir well to combine, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of sauce in the bottom of an 8×10” casserole dish, and set aside.
- Place shredded chicken in a large bowl. Add about 1 cup of sauce, and stir well.
- Heat tortillas for about 30 seconds in the microwave wrapped in damp paper towels, or just until warm and pliable.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll tortilla closed and place seam-side down in the casserole dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with green onions and drizzle with blue cheese dressing. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Enchiladas
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Buffalo chicken, enchiladas, blue cheese, hot sauce, chicken