Instead of sizzling in a cast iron pan, we’re making grilled fajitas on a stick. Enjoy all the flavor of your favorite dish, prepared in a whole new way.
- 1 pound flat iron steak
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Zest of 1 lime (about 2 teaspoons)
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Skewers for grilling
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
Optional Ingredients for Serving:
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Cut steak into 1-inch-wide strips and place into a bowl. Cut chicken into 1-inch-wide strips and place into a separate bowl. Place shrimp into a third bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together lime zest, juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, cilantro, and olive oil. Evenly distribute marinade among the three bowls. Stir to coat, then cover each bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the beef onto several skewers, folding longer pieces in half before skewering. Thread the chicken onto several skewers, then place the shrimp on skewers. Don’t mix proteins, to promote even cooking. Place the cut vegetables onto skewers together.
- Place the beef, chicken, and vegetable skewers on the grill. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, turning once, until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender. In the last 3 minutes of cooking, add the shrimp to the grill. Grill until shrimp is cooked through and pink, flipping once.
- Slide all the meats and vegetables from their skewers onto a serving platter. Serve with warm tortillas and desired toppings.
- Category: Fajitas
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: fajitas, steak, chicken, shrimp, grill