Grilled elote antojitos are Mexican street corn magic. Once you’ve tried this tasty recipe, you won’t want to eat corn any other way again.
For the Corn:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely grated Cotija cheese (or Parmesan)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or Tajin Clásico Chile Lime Seasoning, plus more to taste (optional)
- 6–8 ears fresh corn, shucked
- Lime wedges
- Hot sauce
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium heat (approximately 325˚F).
- Pour melted butter into a shallow wide-mouthed dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, grated cheese, and chili flakes or chili lime seasoning.
- Roast corn on the grill for 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally throughout, until lightly charred all over.
- Remove corn from grill and roll corn cobs in melted butter. Spread cobs with mayonnaise mixture.
- Serve with lime wedges, extra red pepper flakes or Tajin seasoning, and hot sauce.
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican street corn, elote antojitos, mayonnaise, Cotija