Weekends are all about breakfast and this unbelievably easy banana chocolate chip muffins recipe is the next thing you should try.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in a bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add banana, milk, yogurt, and egg whites. Beat until just combined.
- Add flour, flax meal, baking soda, and salt to banana mixture and stir well until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Remove muffins and place on cooling racks until completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container, or freeze in freezer bags.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: banana, chocolate chip, muffin, breakfast, brunch