Love the classic blueberry muffin? Learn how to make your favorite breakfast treat at home with this simple recipe using fresh berries.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream or whole Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the egg until combined. Add the sugar and continue whisking until a thick, runny paste forms, about 30 seconds. Add the melted butter and whisk until incorporated. Add the sour cream and vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
- With your hands, gently the fold the berries into the dry mixture to coat. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and lightly fold together with a spatula. Mix just until combined – the batter will be very thick.
- Use a large scooper to scoop the batter into the muffin cups. They will be very full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, and the tops and edges are a very light brown. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring the muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: blueberry, muffin, breakfast, fresh berries