With subtle swirls of brown sugar, cinnamon, and plump raisins, these homemade muffins will wake up any sweet tooth in the morning.
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ounces (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and spray any exposed metal on top with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Divide the brown sugar in half, and set aside 1/2 cup in a small bowl. Mix together the other 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins in a separate small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and granulated sugar at high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix together at medium-high speed until completely combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt before adding to the liquid mixture. Mix on low speed just until combined.
- Gently fold the brown sugar mixture into the batter by hand to create swirls, folding only 3-4 times. Do not completely mix together.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each well close to the top. Sprinkle with the reserved brown sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: cinnamon, brown sugar, raisin, muffin, cinnamon raisin