Forget sugary, store bought muffins. These sprouted wheat coconut cocoa banana muffins strike the perfect balance between sweet and healthy.
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line or lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter either by hand with a sturdy spatula or using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the ingredient wet until combined. Stir in the chopped chocolate and coconut flakes. The batter will be thick.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full with a large cookie scoop.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: sprouted wheat flour, chocolate, banana