If you’re in a hurry for dinner, the best one-pan Tex-Mex skillet recipe is here. The textures and flavors will make it your new favorite meal.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground Ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can (15 oz) black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add ground beef and onion. Cook until the beef is browned and the onion is softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook for about 30-60 seconds more, until fragrant. Drain fat and return beef mixture to pan.
- Add water, cumin, chili pepper, paprika, and salt to skillet. Stir well to coat the beef. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until most of the water has evaporated.
- Stir in beans, corn, and rice. Continue cooking about 5 minutes or until everything is warmed through.
- Top mixture with salsa and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook another minute or two until the cheese is melted. Serve warm – over tortilla chips, or in a taco shell, or in a soft tortilla, or over a bed of greens — take your pick! Garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Category: One-Pot Meals
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Tex-Mex, beef, skillet, cheese, one-pot meals