Enjoy our almond flour crepes with roasted fruit when you are craving a sweet start to the day. Perfect for anyone following a gluten-free diet.
For the Crepes:
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup canola oil, for greasing
For the Roasted Berries:
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
For the Crepe Batter:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the almond flour, granulated sugar, tapioca starch, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract in a separate small bowl.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while whisking constantly, until a smooth and thin batter forms. There should be no large lumps.
- Set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes to allow the batter to thicken slightly. The batter should still be runny, and it should resemble a thin pancake batter.
For the Blueberries:
- As the batter rests, mix together the blueberries, maple syrup, and ground cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Place the mixture in 8-inch square rimmed baking pan. Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until the berries are soft and have started to release their juices.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly as you cook the crepes.
For Cooking the Crepes and Assembly:
- When ready to cook, dip a paper towel in the canola oil and thinly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch nonstick skillet. Heat up the skillet over low heat.
- Pour a little less than 1/4 cup batter into the middle of the pan. Immediately tilt the pan and quickly swirl the batter to evenly coat the entire bottom of the pan with a thin layer.
- Cook without moving the pan, until the edges are dry and getting slightly brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the crepe from the sides of the pan with a rubber spatula. Gently slide the spatula underneath the edge of the crepe, grasp the edge with your fingertips, and flip. Cook for another 30 seconds.
- Carefully flip the crepe onto an ungreased large plate or sheet pan. Set aside to cool as you repeat the steps with the remaining batter, wiping the pan with a very thin coating of oil between each crepe.
- Gently fold each crepe in half, and then in half again to create a quarter fold. Repeat with the remaining crepes. Place two folded crepes on a plate.
- Place a spoonful of the blueberries and sauce on top of the plated crepes. Top with a dollop of whipped cream if desired, and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Crepes
- Method: Stovetop/Roasting
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: crepe, gluten-free, almond flour, blueberries, maple syrup