Get those taste buds dancing with this unique pasta with balsamic vinegar, mushrooms, and goat cheese.
- 1 pound short, round pasta such as rotini or rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander. Place pasta into a large serving bowl and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until soft and beginning to turn translucent.
- Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until they have released most of their liquid.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir mushroom mixture into serving bowl with the drained pasta. Add goat cheese, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil to bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese as desired and serve warm.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: dinner, pasta, mushroom, garlic, goat cheese, balsamic vinegar