Easy cheesy baked ziti will make everyone think you’ve been cooking for hours, but it’s actually shockingly simple to whip up.
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 box uncooked ziti (1 pound)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 3/4 cups alfredo sauce
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook ziti in boiling water according to package directions.
- While the ziti is cooking, place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up any large chunks with a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid from the skillet. Add spaghetti sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, until the meat is fully coated and sauce is heated through.
- Drain ziti in a colander and return to the pot. Stir in alfredo sauce to thoroughly coat the pasta and set aside.
- Add enough meat sauce to just cover the bottom of the dish, about 1 1/4 cups. Add half of the cooked ziti and spread evenly over the sauce. Add half of the remaining meat sauce and spread evenly. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Add the remaining ziti in an even layer on top, then top with remaining meat sauce, spreading it to cover the pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the top is bubbly and golden brown. Serve with a salad and crusty French bread.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Casserole
Keywords: ziti, casserole, pasta, ground beef, cheese, baked