Made with whole wheat penne, fresh vegetables, and Greek yogurt, this creamy pasta with shrimp is an easy, healthy lunch.
- 1 lemon
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
- ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- ¾ cup chopped cucumber (about ½ medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest and juice the lemon, and remove any seeds.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat. Once boiling, add penne and cook for 11-15 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- When pasta is almost done cooking, place oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add garlic and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add shrimp and salt.
- Cook 1-2 minutes, or until bottom of shrimp is pink and no longer opaque. Flip, and cook another 1-2 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Pour shrimp and all accumulated juices into the mixing bowl with the pasta. Add lemon zest and juice, parsley, and yogurt. Stir well to combine.
- Add bell pepper, cucumber, olives, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Serve immediately, or chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours to enjoy cold.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Seafood, Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: shrimp, Greek yogurt, lemon, whole wheat pasta