A delicious pasta salad eaten warm or cold. Grilled tomatoes pop in your mouth, and broccolini give it a nice chew. A surprising balsamic vinaigrette adds a layer of tang that wakes up your taste buds! Eat as a side dish or even as a main meal.
For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 lbs cherry tomatoes
- 2 lbs broccolini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb uncooked pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Combine the tomatoes and broccolini in a grill basket and drizzle with olive oil. Grill for 15 minutes or so, tossing every few minutes, until the veggies start to blacken and the tomatoes are wrinkly.
- While the veggies cook, boil a pot of water in a stockpot and cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain in a sink with a colander.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients, and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine the noodles, the veggies, and about half of the dressing. Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. Taste and add more dressing if desired.
- If you’d like to serve it cold, pour 3/4 of the dressing on top, stir, then refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Refresh with the remaining dressing before serving.
I really like vinegary foods, so I like the extra tanginess from the apple cider vinegar. If you aren’t that hot on vinegary foods, then leave this out and only add it if you feel like it is necessary. Also, use a high-quality, sweet balsamic to optimize flavor and minimize tang.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: pasta salad, grilled tomato, broccolini, balsamic vinaigrette