Keep those crispy top edges all to yourself with these flavor-packed individual lasagne loaded with fluffy ricotta cheese and juicy beef.
- 8 lasagna noodle sheets (not the no-boil kind)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (preferably 80/20)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups store-bought marinara sauce (or Golden Tomato Sauce)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, gently torn, divided
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside, being careful to make sure the sheets don’t stick together.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 1 minute. Add the ground beef. Season with 1 teaspoon of the salt, the black pepper, and the red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until the beef is browned and the onions are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and half of the basil. Reduce the heat to simmer for an additional 5-8 minutes, to allow the flavors to meld.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, 8 tablespoons of the parmesan, and the remaining salt.
- Spray 4 6-ounce ramekins with cooking oil spray and place them on a baking sheet. Place one lasagna noodle across each ramekin so that the middle of the noodle is in the middle of the ramekin. Repeat by placing another noodle crosswise in each ramekin so it is arranged at a 90° angle perpendicular to the first.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture to each ramekin and then dollop with about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta-parmesan blend. Fold each side of the bottommost noodle over the cheese, and then repeat this process in each ramekin with one more layer of meat and cheese before folding over the other noodle to cover the top.
- Top the bare noodle layer of each with even amounts of the remaining meat mixture, the ricotta-parmesan blend, and the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle each lasagna with the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan and then drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes and then either serve directly from the ramekins, or run a sharp paring knife along the inside and gently lift the lasagne onto plates.
- Evenly garnish each with the remaining basil and parmesan cheese before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: lasagna, pasta, tomato sauce