Grilled poultry with a light and bright sauce makes this lemony pasta with chicken a surefire win for dinner. It’s a simple but elegant 30-minute meal.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approx. 2–2.5 lbs.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, for serving
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on all sides. Grill over medium-high heat until no longer pink inside, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and cover with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, parsley, and basil to the pan and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Pour lemon juice into skillet, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour lemon and oil mixture into a large serving bowl. Drain the pasta, then add it to the serving bowl. Toss well, until pasta is coated.
- Slice chicken into strips, add to the bowl, and toss again. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Serve immediately, with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Grilling, Stovetop
- Cuisine: Pasta
Keywords: grilled chicken, lemon, pasta