When you start craving a taste of Italy at home, whip up this simple, rich Rigatoni di Gregorio recipe with chicken and mushrooms.
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium mild onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Cook rigatoni in a large stock pot filled with salted water, according to package directions.
- Drain well in a colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown. Remove from heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add chicken to pan and saute until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and Marsala wine. Return sauteed vegetables to the pan. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by 1/3.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water until combined. Add to pan and stir to combine. Continue to cook until liquid is thickened.
- Stir in heavy cream. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add rigatoni to pan and stir well to coat pasta with the sauce. Stir in 1 teaspoon chopped parsley, Parmesan cheese, and butter until combined and butter is melted.
- Scoop onto serving plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley as desired. Serve immediately.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Italian, pasta, rigatoni, Maggiano's, chicken, mushrooms