When it comes to making dough from scratch, homemade einkorn pizza crust is a flavorful, easy way to do it. It’s delicious with your favorite toppings.
- 2 1/2 cups einkorn flour, plus more as needed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 packet dry instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup plain kefir
- 1/4 cup warm water, plus more as needed
- In a medium bowl, stir together einkorn flour, salt, and yeast until combined. Add olive oil, kefir, and warm water, and stir until the mixture starts to come together.
- Using your hands, knead the mixture in the bowl until it forms a smooth dough that is no longer sticky. You want it to be soft and pliable, and it shouldn’t stick to your hands too much. Form into a ball.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil on top. Roll the dough in oil until it’s covered with a thin layer, and place in an oiled bowl. Cover and leave in a warm place for at least 1 hour, until doubled in size. Dough can be used immediately, or refrigerated until ready for use.
- When ready to use, split the dough in half. Stretch and roll each piece out onto parchment paper, flouring your hands and the dough as necessary, free-forming it into two 9-inch crusts.
- Top as desired, and bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes.
Note that nutritional information below is for the crust only, and does not include optional toppings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: pizza, einkorn flour, einkorn, pizza dough