Fire up the grill. This foolproof flatbread with juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and tangy balsamic is a bright bite of summer.
- 4 naan flatbreads (preferably roasted garlic or plain flavor)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup simple marinara or jarred marinara sauce
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 4 medium cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes (or heirloom, if possible), sliced into thin rounds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, gently torn just before serving
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic syrup (or aged balsamic) for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat (about 375°F).
- Evenly drizzle (or brush) the naan on both sides with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil. Spread each with even portions of the marinara and then top with the fresh mozzarella, garlic, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Carefully place each naan pizza on the grill. If you’re working on an outdoor grill, close the cover. Cook until the bottom of each is golden brown and crispy and the cheese has melted, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the grill and garnish with the torn basil leaves (leaving any very small leaves whole) and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the balsamic, and the Parmesan cheese. Slice and serve with the red pepper flakes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Flatbread
Keywords: naan, pizza, marinara, mozzarella, tomato, basil, Caprese