Grab your tongs and tackle this smoky grilled flatbread pizza. It’s loaded with rich sun-dried tomatoes, cheese, chicken, and pesto.
- 4 individually-sized flatbreads (naan, pita, lavash, etc.)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/2 cup pesto (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat (around 325-375°F).
- Brush the naan on both sides with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle on both sides with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Place the naan face-down on the grill and cook for 1 minute.
- Using tongs, flip the bread over and transfer to a cutting board or clean work surface. Spread with even portions of the pesto, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edges. Evenly top each flatbread with the mozzarella, feta, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes, half of the parmesan cheese, and the remaining salt.
- Return the flatbreads to the grill. If you’re working with an outdoor grill, close the lid and grill until the cheese is melted and the bottom is golden-brown and crispy but not too dark, about 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer the pizzas from the grill to a cutting board. Garnish with the basil, and the remaining parmesan and olive oil. Slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Flatbread
Keywords: flatbread, grill, pizza, pesto, chicken, pita, naan