There’s a new meat and starch combo in town: the steak and potato pizza. Mozzarella, blue cheese, and rosemary make this twist on a classic extra special.
- 1 1/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 homemade pizza crusts, or 1 pound store bought dough
- 1/2 pound skirt steak, grilled until medium rare, or leftover steak
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pierce the skin of each potato 3-4 times with a fork. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on High for 8 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool, then cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds.
- Cut steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Divide dough into two equally sized pieces. On a lightly floured work surface, shape or roll each into a circle that’s 12-14 inches in diameter. Place each on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- Top crusts evenly with mozzarella. Spread potato rounds evenly over the top. Sprinkle with garlic. Place steak slices on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle evenly with blue cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with rosemary. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Meat
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Pizza
Keywords: pizza, steak, blue cheese, mozzarella, potato