This maple glazed roasted pork roast with root vegetables is an ultra juicy cut of meat that will leave everyone around the table raving.
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ lbs)
- 2 medium turnips (about 2 lbs)
- 4 medium carrots (about 1/2 lb)
- 1 large yellow onion (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 lbs)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Scrub the potatoes. Peel the turnips, carrots, and onion. Cut all vegetables into 1-inch chunks.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper on all sides.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large ovenproof skillet or cast iron pan. Place roast in the pan fatty side down. Cook until well browned, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat on all sides until entire roast is browned. Transfer pork to a plate and set aside. Pour off excess fat from pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together maple syrup, cayenne, cumin, and cloves.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat and pour in the syrup mixture. It will bubble quickly. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove skillet from heat and return pork to pan. Turn to coat all sides with syrup mixture.
- Add potatoes, turnips, carrots, and onions. Stir again to coat with the remaining syrup. Sprinkle entire dish lightly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place skillet in the oven and roast for 45-55 minutes, or until pork registers 145˚F when a thermometer is inserted into the center of the meat.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board. Let meat rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the glazed vegetables.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Category: Pork
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: roast pork, root vegetables, pork, maple syrup