Easy slow cooker Cuban mojo pork is a fun twist on traditional pulled pork that comes together easily. The citrusy flavor is bold and bright.
- 2 Tbsp orange zest (zest from 1 medium orange)
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest (zest from 1 medium lime)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (juice from 1 medium orange)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (juice from 1 medium lemon)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (juice from 2 medium limes)
- 2 Tbsp oil (olive, avocado, or grapeseed)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 medium mild onion, diced (approx. 1 cup)
- 3–4 lbs bone-in pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Whisk together the citrus zest and juice, oil, oregano, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, red pepper flakes, and onion in a small bowl.
- Place pork roast in the slow cooker and puncture it 4-6 times with a sharp knife.
- Pour citrus sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on Low, or until pork is completely cooked. Remove the bone from the slow cooker, and remove all of the meat from it. Discard the bone. Use two forks to shred the pork roast in the slow cooker, or transfer to a cutting board, shred, and add back to the cooker. Stir to combine with the sauce and onions.
- Serve with white rice and black beans.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Meat
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: slow cooker, pork, Cuban cuisine, dinner, pulled pork