A tasty, healthy dinner in less than 30 minutes? These chicken cutlets with tomatoes make it possible, and oh-so-flavorful as well.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved vertically
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 3 cups packed arugula or baby spinach (optional)
- Place the cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound them a bit, until they are a little flatter with a roughly uniform thickness.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Lightly dust the chicken with the seasoned flour on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat the garlic with 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stirring until fragrant. Add tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook until they start to pucker, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the oil and tomatoes to a small bowl and set aside. Add remaining oil to the pan and heat until shimmering over medium-high heat.
- Add sage, and place chicken directly on top. Fry until golden and the sage is sticking to the chicken, about 5-7 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and tomatoes. Let the sauce bubble up and reduce by a third. Add arugula or spinach now if you wish, to wilt. Cover and let cook for about 2-3 minutes, until tomatoes are warmed through.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top. Serve immediately, with wilted greens, on a bed of lightly dressed fresh greens, or without greens.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Poultry
Keywords: chicken, cutlet, tomato, garlic, white wine