If you want to enjoy the flavors of Greece in a handheld pocket, our super easy chicken pitas are just the thing to tickle your taste buds.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2–3 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1-inch cubes (1–2 lbs)
- 4 large white or whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- Tzatziki sauce
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped parsley leaves
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Pickled vegetables
- Combine Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, mint, dill, and garlic in a bowl. Whisk together until combined and add to a large resealable bag or an airtight container with a lid. Add chicken cubes and mix well.
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Pour the chicken and 1/3 cup marinade into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken thoroughly, about 8-10 minutes total.
- Serve chicken in pita halves with the suggested toppings as desired.
Nutritional information does not include options toppings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: chicken pita, Greek, Mediterranean, feta