For an entree with some real pizzazz, try our spicy marinated chicken flavored with a zesty trio of fresh jalapenos, garlic, and lime.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Zest of 3 limes (2 teaspoons)
- Juice of 3 limes (6 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large jalapenos, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and light green parts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
- Chopped green onion tops, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together 1 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons lime zest and 6 tablespoons lime juice, salt, black pepper, jalapenos, garlic, and the white and light green parts of the sliced green onion.
- Add the chicken to a large resealable bag and pour the jalapeno-lime marinade over the top. Seal and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or for up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and discard the marinade. Sear until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes, or until golden brown on the other side.
- Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board or serving platter and set aside to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with lime wedges and green onion tops.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Poultry
Keywords: chicken, jalapeno, lime, marinated